Care & Feeding of Den Slaves (X-Posted to Den)

This is the training compound for slaves being trained by Moreta.

The Pens are located about a mile from Moreta's Den of Sanguinary Pleasures.

Care & Feeding of Den Slaves (X-Posted to Den)

Postby Moreta » 17 Nov 2011, 21:37

There seems to have been some confusion regarding when, what and whether slaves are fed, clothed, etc.

Let me clear this up right now by reminding you all that any slave who goes hungry or otherwise neglected, does so by their own actions, whether by failing to make use of what is provided or because they are being punished.

If you are being punished, believe me, you will know!!
I will leave no doubt in your mind as to the fact.

FOOD
If you are not being punished, then the cook will provide regular, well balanced, and usually tasty meals for you every day. You need only do your chores and he will feed you. In fact, all slaves are REQUIRED to eat breakfast and dinner at a minimum every day, unless your food is being restricted by me! This is to keep you all supple and healthy.

If a slave is being denied food for disciplinary reasons, it is strongly suggested that they get in gear and shape up. Neglecting one's duties and/or having a poor attitude WILL backfire!

CLOTHING
Appropriate clothing is also provided for slaves. Whatever you have been given to wear is what you may wear. You own nothing, therefore you shouldn't be flitting around in dresses, hats, suits or anything else I didn't give you. If another free person "gives" you something, you must take it to me to have it approved. It does not belong to you. Again, NOTHING belongs to you!
Slaves are generally given slave tunics made of silk, leather or rough, woven cloth. Males may also be provided loincloths.
Occasionally, slaves will be kept nude or given "slave rags" (small, often ratty, dirty and torn strips of cloth with which to attempt to cover themselves), the latter generally reserved for punishment or teaching a slave his or her place.

The aforementioned slave tunics are generally nothing more than a poncho like, rectangle with a hole for the head, completely open at the sides, or a strip of cloth wrapped about and tied at the left shoulder or above the left breast. Regardless of design, they are almost always fully open at one or both sides, and easily removable.

SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS
All Den slaves are provided a safe place to sleep in the Den. Most sleep in kennels (large cages made for slaves). If they are well behaved, their kennel will most likely be furnished with a sleeping cushion, blanket, possibly pillows and the like. The better behaved the slave, the more "extras" s/he can earn for their comfort.
A slave in disfavor may find him or herself sleeping on the kitchen floor.. on a woven slave mat with a thin blanket if they are lucky, on the bare stone floor if they are not. This is unlikely to be long term sleeping arrangements. A couple of weeks at most, generally.
If that isn't enough to correct said slave's behavior or attitude, they will likely just be dismissed as a lost cause.

Notes regarding RPing slave meals:

- You need not RP eating every day, but you may if you like.

- Slaves are provided with SIMPLE fare! Not steak and mixed winter greens and the like. Some examples of slave food are, porridge, simple stews, bread, common fruits and vegetables, boiled potatoes, hashes, stews, skillet fried mixtures and such made from leftovers.. Think peasant food. If you are found eating fancy things, unless a free person is feeding it to you while you serve them, it will be assumed that you stole it from the larders and you will be punished.
Do try to avoid eating nothing but porridge or potatoes every time... change it up a bit. Your meals can absolutely be hearty, well spiced, and taste great! Sometimes, they may even contain a bit of exotic or fancier foods and spices, when leftovers are used in the making of something. If there is not a recent post from the cook, just use your imagination!

- It is PERFECTLY acceptable, and even encouraged to kneel before the free person you are serving and silently beg for bits of what they are having. If you have a shameless dog, you have a great example there ;) . Hand feeding a kneeling lovely wench or handsome lad can be quite pleasurable for many free.. and it also helps you truly feel your slavery, sometimes in surprisingly delicious ways (pun intended!).. Isn't that right Stephan???

Good... Bad... I'm the girl with the battle axe!
Moreta

Re: Care & Feeding of Den Slaves (X-Posted to Den)

Postby Fabricean » 03 Jun 2012, 16:16

I hope I can get by on such food.

Fabricean.
Fabricean

Postby Slave Kitty » 06 Jun 2012, 10:40

Read Them and Understood.
Slave Kitty

Postby Moreta » 17 Aug 2012, 13:36

Fabricean wrote:I hope I can get by on such food.

Fabricean.

The slaves at the Den eat better than your average peasant, really. Much better!
Good... Bad... I'm the girl with the battle axe!
Moreta

Postby dragon50 » 17 Sep 2012, 11:27

Read and understood Mistress Will do my best to follow Your wishes.
dragon50

Return to The Slave Pens